Sunday, September 21, 2014

Nutella Icebox Cake

If you could taste Heaven, I'm pretty sure this is what it would taste like. (or bacon. It might be a tie. Haha!) It's so fluffy. It's rich, yet light. Simply delightful! My Mother-in-Law brought this cake to us for a party this summer and I have been dreaming about it ever since! I finally made it yesterday. It's really quick and easy, too. Sorry the picture isn't that great. It got devoured so fast, this was the only piece I had left to photograph! Now, that's saying something! This recipe comes from The Food Network Magazine. You can also find it on FoodNetwork.com.


1 3/4 cup heavy cream, cold!
1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup Nutella
20 whole chocolate graham crackers or other good chocolate cookie/cracker

Beat on low speed 1 cup cream, 3/4 cup mascarpone, all the sugar and vanilla till combined. Then beat till stiff peaks form, 1-2 minutes. (with my Bosch, it was about 30 seconds. watch it, I made butter out of it the first go around. boo.) Combine remaining 3/4 cup each cream, and mascarpone with the nutella in a separate bowl, beat till stiff peaks, 1-2 mins. (again, watch it close) Line bottom of 8 inch spring-form pan with 4 grahams in single layer, breaking up if needed to fill gaps. (my pan is a 9" springform. next time, I will 1 and 1/2 the recipe so it is taller. it will look prettier) Spread half the vanilla whipped cream over crackers. Top with another layer crackers. Spread half the Nutella mixture over, then layer crackers. Repeat ending with Nutella layer. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hrs or overnight. To serve, run a knife along edges of pan and remove springform sides.

Check out my family's recipe blog here for more great recipes. I have 8 sisters-in-law and 1 mother-in-law and they are all wicked cooks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment