Monday, November 24, 2014

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me

In an effort to connect a little, I'm doing a little introduction. So, here are 10 random things you didn't know you didn't about me!

1. I played tenor saxophone 4 years in my high school marching band. If you handed me a sax now and asked me to play, I am quite sure I couldn't pick out one note on it now! (It's only been 21 years)

2. I have never ridden in a limo. My hubby thinks it's funny that I think that's a big deal, but he has been in one!

3. I was 20 before I saw a Star Wars movie.

4. I love dates with my husband, Chris. He is my best friend and my constant dream partner. We love dreaming about where we want to be and how we can get there!

5. I have a collection of unicorns from my tween/early teen years that my mother keeps trying to send home with me. What can I say, it was the 80's! They are fantastic. Some even have wings!

6. I hate to fly. I am a bit of a control freak and that is just more than my little controlling heart can handle. Maybe if I was the pilot...

7. I love music. (hence the band nerd comment above) I love listening to it. I love singing it. I think my favorite, though, is leading the children at my church in song. It is like leading a chorus of little angels and it makes me want to wave my arms big and sing at the top of my lungs with joy in listening to them sing precious truths!

8.  I have 10, yep I said TEN, sisters! (8 are technically in-laws, but they have become real sisters to me, too.)

9. I love animals, especially baby animals. Nothing. Better.

10. When I was little I always wanted to be a mom. I am so lucky that I get to be one 4 times over! They are wild and crazy and drive me nuts at times, but they are my favorite little people and are growing up so well in spite of their mother. They do my heart good, keep me young, and teach me stuff all the time. And I love how forgiving they are, cuz I mess up a lot being their mom.  But, I'm trying my best and I think we are having some fun along the way.

Stay tuned for more get to know yous.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki! We sure do have a lot in common. I love music as well and when I was younger I played the clarinet, the drums, and (this will show my age a bit) the organ my parents bought for me. Hahaha

    I haven't ridden in a limo either and just like you I think it is a pretty big deal. I was just married in April and we were going to rent a limo but considering I'm a thrifty, nice way of saying cheap, and frugal person I could not justify the expense with all of the other things that were actually needed. Someday though I will get the chance as it is on my bucket list. ;-)

    I also have four children but they are spread apart in years and two are already grown and on their own. I have a son who is almost 26, an 18 year old daughter in college, and two daughters still at home age 15 and 13. I can totally relate to having wild and crazy kiddos who drive you nuts at times but I personally think that is one of the best parts of being a Mom. We get wild and crazy together and have so much fun.

    Wishing you a lovely afternoon.

    xx
    Lysa

    ReplyDelete