In an effort to connect a little, I'm doing a little introduction. So, here are 10 random things you didn't know you didn't about me!
1. I played tenor saxophone 4 years in my high school marching band. If you handed me a sax now and asked me to play, I am quite sure I couldn't pick out one note on it now! (It's only been 21 years)
2. I have never ridden in a limo. My hubby thinks it's funny that I think that's a big deal, but he has been in one!
3. I was 20 before I saw a Star Wars movie.
4. I love dates with my husband, Chris. He is my best friend and my constant dream partner. We love dreaming about where we want to be and how we can get there!
5. I have a collection of unicorns from my tween/early teen years that my mother keeps trying to send home with me. What can I say, it was the 80's! They are fantastic. Some even have wings!
6. I hate to fly. I am a bit of a control freak and that is just more than my little controlling heart can handle. Maybe if I was the pilot...
7. I love music. (hence the band nerd comment above) I love listening to it. I love singing it. I think my favorite, though, is leading the children at my church in song. It is like leading a chorus of little angels and it makes me want to wave my arms big and sing at the top of my lungs with joy in listening to them sing precious truths!
8. I have 10, yep I said TEN, sisters! (8 are technically in-laws, but they have become real sisters to me, too.)
9. I love animals, especially baby animals. Nothing. Better.
10. When I was little I always wanted to be a mom. I am so lucky that I get to be one 4 times over! They are wild and crazy and drive me nuts at times, but they are my favorite little people and are growing up so well in spite of their mother. They do my heart good, keep me young, and teach me stuff all the time. And I love how forgiving they are, cuz I mess up a lot being their mom. But, I'm trying my best and I think we are having some fun along the way.
Stay tuned for more get to know yous.