Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Green Onion Cheese Ball--Quick and Easy!


This is one of my very favorite, tried and true recipes. It's so quick and easy to whip up! A friend shared it with me many years ago. I make it several times each holiday season, taking it to parties or just eating it around the table with my family. This also makes an excellent neighbor/friend gift!

1 8oz cream cheese, softened
2-3 green onions, chopped fine (use more or less, to your taste)
2 tsp butter, softened
About 1/4 tsp salt, to taste
chopped nuts of choice for rolling (I have used almonds, pecans and walnuts and love them all),optional

Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whirl til mixed well. Scoop mixture out onto plastic wrap. Bring plastic wrap around the cheese and form a ball. Twist the end closed so the ball stays formed. Refrigerate for about an hour. Remove the plastic wrap, and roll ball in nuts if you like. I love the nuts! Serve with your favorite crackers. My favorites are  Wheat Thins, Ritz crackers or Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Triskets. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. These crowd pleasers are the best! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your features at WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always bring the best things to our party! Thank you. Pinned and tweeted. We feel honored that you take the time to stop by our party. I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm. We love to party with you! Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete