Saturday, January 24, 2015

Valentine Watercolor Art




My kids are artists! They love all forms of it. When my oldest two were little, they would spend hours during the week at our dining table painting or coloring. It was so great! One year, I had a brilliant idea. I had them watercolor on various pieces of colored construction paper. They could make whatever design their little minds could come up with. Then, I took the paper after it dried and cut hearts out of it. They loved taping them up on the wall! And it made our dining room so cheery! Now my older 2 are too old and cool for yucky love stuff, so I will do it with the younger two who still love making things like this. I think when they go off on their own, I will keep up the tradition, and fill an envelope with hearts to send my love! Enjoy this season of love with your families!

Check out my other Valentine idea and my Christmas version the Secret Elf Project.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Nikki! I love this! Great idea! Thank you for joining us on OMHGWW!

    Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
    Carol (Running Granny Green)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these too Nikki. I love traditions and my little one is just getting to the age now to start gorgeous traditions like this.
    Julie
    Thank you for linking up with #wordlesswednesday co-host - http://www.julieinthemaking.com/

    ReplyDelete