Thursday, October 8, 2015

Ikea Pedestal Table Makeover



Several years ago, I bought an Ikea pedestal table off Craigslist. I didn't have a real use for it, but I thought it was cute, and it was cheap, so I bought it in a bundle deal. Shortly after that, I was talking with my sister about my new score and not knowing what to do with it. She mentioned how she had seen a table cut in half used as side tables. Brilliance struck! I needed night stands in our master bedroom! At that time, I wasn't as handy as I am now. I hadn't used much more than an orbital sander. We lived close to my very talented, wood-crafting father-in-law. I happen to be his favorite daughter-in-law, (ok I'm his only one),so he took on my crazy project! He ended up taking the pedestal apart, cutting them in half and then putting the whole thing back together the way I wanted them.

SIDENOTE: Do you ever have an idea for a project, and think it's going to be quick and easy, and then you find out it isn't? That's pretty much how ALL of my projects go. He really saved me on this! Haha!

I loved how it turned out. They leaN up perfectly against the wall. You could secure them with 'L' brackets underneath if you really wanted to.

Recently, we moved to a new house, and I was ready for a new style for my nightstands. They were black, so I painted them a nice warm yellow. It's called "White Raisin". The brand is HGTV Sherwin Williams from Lowe's. I scuffed it up to show through a little of the old black finish. I really like how it turned out. I love how they look against my nearly charcoal gray walls. I'm using pale robin's egg blue and a gray blue as my other accent colors in the room. And now, I'm working on a new upholstered headboard for us. My room is coming together! Good luck on your home decor projects! Share yours with me!
Here is what it looked like originally. Mine was black. (stock photo)

Before my paint job.

2 comments:

  1. HI Nikki, your very clever to remake your tables, the colors for your room sounds great!! Thanks for stopping by to share on the #OMHGFF this week.

    Hope you are enjoying your Fall!!
    Have a great week
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea! Yes, all of my projects seem really simple until I get right in the middle of them. -- Jessica

    ReplyDelete