- 1 large can solid-pack pumpkin (I used my homemade and it was 3 1/2 cups)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Whipped cream, optional (I think whipped cream should be mandatory! Ha!) Directions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour into 9x13 pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 3. For topping, combine the brown sugar, pecans and butter. Sprinkle over custard. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled; top with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator.